Tuesday, August 23, 2011

It's Midnight

Tomorrow, for the first time in my life, I am taking a vacation to the sunny coast of Maine. Ogunquit, Maine! No men, no phone, no kids...just me and the lobster, and my friend Francine.

It is August 23

I grew up in Kentucky, the Ohio River Valley, and I am used to August being the Dog Days of Summer. Today on my way to work it was 68 degrees out. They have a pool at the Cliff House where I will be staying. Pool or Ice Cube repository? I have a feeling I won't be swimming, unless the pool is heated...

At least there is the Signature Massage waiting for me on Thursday. Sweet Heaven. Shall I say, it is a sheer luxury to think about having someone's hands on my skin, working out the kinks. The stress, the frustration of having no sex life for close to a year, on top of that currently having a very fun, but frustrating, sext life. But what the hell, it seems that very few actually have a good sex life, why do I need one? I am not sure what is more embarrassing about actually having a sex life, 1) buying a 3 pack of condoms and your neighbor showing up behind you in line..."Oh, Hi Bill" or 2) Getting your 1 quart zip-lock bag screened as you go through airport security, with the KY jelly prominently displayed. Oy Vay, that only happened once.

I think I hit a fantastically comfortable high this summer, with work and with life, which has all come to climax this month. This was a very special summer for me. I had the opportunity to be summer single. The girls were with their father for 8 weeks. I had the opportunity to explore Boston on my own, or with friends who were on business in Boston. I found out that I really enjoy Kayaking, especially alone, and especially going past Harvard on my way to the Charles River Basin. On the water, this is one of my happy places.

I didn't cook a single meal, well, okay, I think I cooked three meals, all for my girlfriends. I painted, I cleaned, I played guitar and I met a lot of new people. My life is evolving. Why stop now?

However, as of Saturday, I will no longer be summer single. The girls are coming back and I will be crazy busy, falling asleep after reading to them. That is why here I am at Midnight, after cleaning all evening. Preparing my nest, for my babies to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment